Plumbing Checklist for Homebuyers
May 26, 2016
Don’t let the prospect of plumbing problems weigh on your mind when you’re getting ready to move. We’ve put together a checklist for potential homebuyers so you have a better idea of what to look out for when looking at your new home.
- Check the toilets for clogs. Go to each bathroom and give them a flush. If any issues arise, you should get them checked out by a professional.
- Check the water pressure. Faucets, sinks, and showers are all important parts of your daily life, so make sure your new ones have proper pressure. If it’s too high or too low, you’ll want to get them checked out so no issues arise down the line. This is a good time to make sure none of them are clogged as well.
- Check the water heater. Make sure it’s in proper working order. Check for corrosion and ask the current homeowners when it was last serviced. Water heaters should be checked every 4-6 months, and should be fully flushed every year to prevent sediment from building up. The average water heater has a lifespan of 8-12 years, so if it’s older than that you should ask to have it replaced.
- Get ready to crawl around. You’ll want to check every nook and cranny of your prospective house, including the crawlspaces, for water damage and leaky pipes. You don’t want to move into your new home, only to learn that a pipe in your basement has been leaking for the past two years, causing extensive and expensive damage to the surrounding area.
- Check for corrosion. Just because there isn’t a leak right now doesn’t mean there won’t be in a few months. Corroded pipes are a common problem for homes across the U.S., and you don’t want your house to be on that list. If you notice corrosion, you’ll want to hire a professional to inspect and fix the issue.
- Don’t just check inside. Don’t forget to check the faucets and pipes outside. Even if everything inside is in perfect working order, you don’t want to come home to a burst outdoor pipe flooding your kitchen.
If you’ve noticed a potential problem in your future pipes, or just want a professional set of eyes to make sure everything is working the way it’s supposed to be, don’t hesitate to contact artplayroof.ru Plumbing + Drain today for your free home consultation. We offer our services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year. Our plumbers are the best in the business, and you can rely on us to make sure your home’s pipes are in perfect working order.